I have php 5.3.1 running on apache on windows (with xampp)
to get this working i installed the appropriate image magick from here http://imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#windows
Then i needed the php_imagick.dll for vc6 (because im on apache not iis).
After a bit of searching i found someone hosting it here :
Hope this helps ^^
it is important to install correct version of Visual C++ redistributable Package.
for ImageMagick-6.5.8-10-Q16-windows-dll.exe -
Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package
To install IMagick on windows xp (php 5.2.x)
1.) download and install ImageMagick-6.5.8-7 Q16-windows-dll.exe
2.) download php_imagick_dyn-Q16.dll from:
copy dll to [PHP]/extension dir and rename it to php_imagick.dll
3.) You have to edit your php.ini file and add new extension
4.) Save ini file and restart apache server.
(If necessary, restart your windows)
5.) phpinfo() should show imagick enabled.
After 2 hours of looking for help from different documentation & sites, I found out none of them are complete solution. So, I summary my instruction here:
1) yum install php-devel
2) cd /usr
3) wget http://pear.php.net/go-pear
4) php go-pear
5) See the following line in /etc/php.ini [include_path=".:/usr/PEAR"]
6) pecl install imagick
7) Add the following line in /etc/php.ini [extension=imagick.so]
8) service httpd restart
Hopefully, I can save other engineer effort & time.... Good luck!
If you have used lampp first copy imagick.so from /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/imagick.so path and paste it to php lib.(/opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613)
Then edit your php.ini and add extension=imagick.so
imagick 2.2.2 might have a problem loading in PHP 5.3 by giving following error at start-up:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '.../imagick.so' - .../imagick.so: undefined symbol: XStringListToTextProperty in Unknown on line 0
in this case, revert to PHP 5.2.8 and imagick-2.2.0 will work just fine.
I too had the error "Please provide a path to MagickWand-config or Wand-config program." when installing on linux (in this case CentOS aka Red Hat).
The simple solution was to ensure "ImageMagick-devel" and NOT "ImageMagick" package was in place. Next comes the standard command:
pecl install imagick
Lastly, and as per the otherwise flawless instructions, edit php.ini to include:
For anyone attempting to install the binaries on windows xp, don't waste your time. You'll need to install this on windows 2003 Server (and up) or Windows Vista since there are dependences (msvcr80.dll) that will require it.
Windows installation is a bit more tricky since "pecl install imagick" does NOT work properly.
Here's how I installed it:
1/ Install ImageMagick software http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#windows
2/ Download pecl-5.2-dev.zip (choose the version relevant to your PHP) from http://snaps.php.net/
3/ Copy php_imagick.dll from the archive you've downloaded to your PHP extention folder.
4/ Add the following line to php.ini (in the exntentions section):
5/ Restart your server
6/ Try the example script to see all went well
Good luck :)
To install the latest Imagick from PECL on an Ubuntu variant system, assuming your already have PHP5 and Apache2 installed, do the following.
You need your root password, have sudo privileges and be able to run commands from a shell (e.g via Konsole)
1. $ sudo aptitude install php-pear imagemagick php5-dev libmagick9-dev
2. do *not* install php5-imagick as you will install a later version from PECL
3. libmagick9-dev may install a whole load of dependencies. This package provides the Wand-config program and avoids the error on pecl install "configure: error: not found. Please provide a path to MagickWand-config or Wand-config program."
4. $ sudo pecl install Imagick
5. Hit enter to autodetect the "Imagemagick installation" prefix
You should see some compilation messages, noting any errors that stop the Imagick build.
When completed successfully, the following console message should appear
Build process completed successfully
install ok: channel://pecl.php.net/imagick-2.2.0b2
Now for loading it when the web server starts/restarts
6. $ sudo kate /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/imagick.ini
7. enter extension=imagick.so and save
8. $ sudo apache2ctl configtest
9. $ sudo apache2ctl restart
* You can use any apt client e.g apt-get to install packages
* If you want beta Imagick then:
$ sudo pear config-set preferred_state beta
* You can now upgrade Imagick as new versions are made available in PECL the same way PEAR updates are handled.
Hope this helps some of you...